Thursday, March 22, 2007

EDM #111 - draw a bowl














5x8, prismacolor pencils on white Bienfang drawing paper

A bowl, upside down and metallic - with reflections everywhere. I love a challenge, did I mention that before?!!

I decided on a loose, sketchy interpretation for this and it went fairly quick - for me. I started to draw this from life and then I snapped a digital (that would be me just behind my daughter in the sketch with my camera) . She said there was no way she could hold her hands on the bowl longer than 15 minutes - no matter how cool her reflection looked!!! =)

Overall, great fun with this one!

Time: approx. 1-1/2 hours

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger mrana said...

Laura this is wonderful! I just love those reflections and the layout. Such a great idea.

3/23/2007 2:14 AM  
Blogger Susan Tuttle said...

Laura! This is wonderful!! I always love the subject matter you choose--you see the beautiful in ordinary, every day things!

Bravo!!!

Susan
xo

3/24/2007 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home