Thursday, February 22, 2007

Still-life sketch - "oranges in red netting"

I've seen a few artists post works in progress and always find their process interesting, plus I think it's very cool to see something "come to life". Therefore I thought I would share a current sketch step by step (well mostly, I regret that I didn't scan the initial graphite sketch and/or the process of shading of at least one of the oranges, next time...)

This is a fairly simple still-life but it has a lot of detail...

Step 1 - shows the oranges completed and a faint outline sketch of the netting that two of them are wrapped in
















Step 2 - you can see how I've started the netting and am working my way across...
















After I finish the netting, I'll work on the shading and with some tweaking, it's done! Will post the final steps and of course the finished piece, so check back if you want to see how it all comes together....

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger studio lolo said...

Wow Laura!!! Fantastic. I'd love to see more of this style in the future. Great job.

2/24/2007 10:53 PM  
Blogger Artmom said...

This is an excellent exercise too, for all kinds of reasons - I may have my upper level drawing students try this - they will faint! May I show them your piece? They will love it, until I say, here's your fruit and netting!!! Deb

6/16/2007 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home