Thursday, February 08, 2007

EDM #48 - resolution: aromatherapy & art




















"draw something that represents your new year's resolution or goal"

I accomplished capturing 2 of my resolutions for 2007 in this sketch: take more time to relax & meditate and to draw daily. This candle was a christmas gift, Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy in Lavender, my fave - very soothing and aromatic.

This sketch was my first attempt at depicting glass and reflections, I didn't achieve the full effects or shading properly but I think I have a good grasp to try it again. I had a hard time with some parts of the candle as it was lit and glowing while I sketched it. The grey used for the candle's darker tones was not quite right for it - maybe a shade with a hint of brown would have been more suitable, have made a note to get some new colors to add to my growing stash of prismacolors.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger valerie walsh said...

really lovely! i would love to link to you if that's alright? i hope so!

2/17/2007 4:31 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

thanks Val, this candle was lit at the time and i was soooo relaxed sketching it =)

and what a nice compliment to put a link to me - thank you! I was recently thinking of asking you the same!!!

2/19/2007 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home