Friday, February 02, 2007

Illustration Friday - Sprout




















Mixed media - watercolor & color pencil

"Never give up on your hopes and dreams for they sprout from the seeds in your soul. Even the smallest sprout can thrive with persistance and determination. " - Laura Taylor Mark

I went with the plant interpretation of sprout for this, needed some practice in watercolor and wanted to try some landscape backgrounds (I'll have to wait a bit for the snow to go here locally, but hey the groundhog didn't see his shadow - yay!)

Anyhow, this is my humble offering - happy illustration friday & have a great weekend!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely illustration!

2/03/2007 1:39 AM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Laura, nice image AND quote. :-)

2/03/2007 5:38 AM  
Blogger steve said...

I'm a sucker for watercolors and I love the simplicity of this one. Keep it up!

2/03/2007 7:56 AM  
Blogger claudine hellmuth said...

simple and lovely!

2/03/2007 7:04 PM  
Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

Very sweet. I keep trying to think of a story to go along with it. I believe the one on the left wants to do his own thing, but the one on the right disapproves. Maybe he's afraid that lefty will lead the one in the middle astray.

2/04/2007 5:47 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

thanks much everyone - and Tony yes i was thinking of a story too afterwards. kinda like dad, mom, baby sprout, and the mom (middle) is telling her baby to not grow up too fast, as all moms do =)

2/04/2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger pati said...

What a beautiful thought and watercolor, Laura! Very inspirational :)

2/05/2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

Really beautiful! Your quote is perfection!

2/06/2007 11:29 AM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

Nice, soft watercolor Laura. I love the quote too! Nice to have you stop by again. I've been sick as a dog, so reading responses to my posts help me feel a little better :)

2/06/2007 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home