Saturday, February 24, 2007

Illustration Friday - Communication















9x12 - prismacolor pencils on smooth 100lb bristol

There were a lot of ways to go with this because there are lots of ways to communicate. =)

However, I went with the obvious (or not) form of communication - through art. As artists we strive to get our messages, thoughts, feelings, opinions, whatever - out into the world via our medium of choice. And if you're a parent as well, you're also communicating to your child/ren how important art is - in your life and others by sharing your work with them, making art together or taking them to exhibits, galleries or museums. (Also I think that Americans for the Arts commercial "Art - ask for more" sends a very cool message to kids and parents)

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is great - i love the colors, and the little flowers in the floor (carpet?) but the balloon really struck me first!

2/24/2007 5:02 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

Great idea! Very nicely done and perfect for the theme!!

2/24/2007 5:38 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you! I ran out of steam on it at the end...sigh. The still life orange sketch I was working on just before it kinda zapped my zest (no pun intended!)

2/24/2007 5:49 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Definitely--great commercial (thanks for reminding me of that one) and illo here!

2/24/2007 8:43 PM  
Blogger Susan Tuttle said...

So true....so true!!!

Thanks for the post on my blog--definitely bring a big trunk for your finds!!!

Hugs,
Susan

2/24/2007 9:52 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

Here here! I agree and I like the illo :)

2/24/2007 10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
It's true art it's communication! Then let us communicate!
So cute !
Bonne journée
have an excellent week!

2/25/2007 6:57 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks again everyone! Appreciate your time and the wonderful comments =)

2/25/2007 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home