Friday, March 02, 2007

Illustration Friday - Hide




















colored pencil & pastels on paper

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1 -- Ready or not you must be caught!"

A couple ideas came to mind when I seen this week's IF theme word Hide, but what stood out the most to me was the game of Hide and Seek the popular childhood tag game. I also found out that it is a professional game with tournaments in many countries (who knew?!)

Let your inner child out and play a game this weekend with your kids or grandkids - weather permitting or.... play it in the snow if you've had the *pleasure* of March's in like a lion wrath recently like us here =)

Shown below is the original line drawing for this illo (my sweet daughter was my model - again - and actually no one stays in one spot for too long around my place anymore, especially when they see me with sketchbook in hand!!)

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger emilayusof said...

nice work!

3/02/2007 2:00 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

Perfect idea and beautifully executed!!!

3/02/2007 3:36 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Classic! How cool, incorporating your daughter into your work. Wonderful job.

3/02/2007 7:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This brings back some great memories.
Nice illo, color pencils keep it soft looking....

3/02/2007 8:46 PM  
Blogger mrana said...

Wonderful, love the subdued feel and I'm sure she's peeking!

3/03/2007 5:42 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you for your kind comments everyone. I really appreciate the support and so glad I was able to evoke a memory with this.

And yes Ana - I'm sure she was =)

3/03/2007 9:15 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

Lovely illo!

Thank you also for your comments on my blog.

3/03/2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

what a sweet memory!

3/03/2007 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home