Sunday, March 04, 2007

EDM #33 - draw an eye



















pastels & colored pencils on strathmore natural white paper

Draw an eye (my eye) and sans makeup as i wanted a fresh look plus it helped to see all the details and coloring better. Point taken from my drawing class that just finished was to take up a full page when sketching so this is fairly large for an eye sketch as it's about the whole page of a 9x12 sheet! More practice is needed as some parts of this could be better and it doesn't have the realism look that I prefer but I'm developing my techniques steadily. I'm at the 3 month mark of daily drawing now so as they say - onwards and upwards!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger pedalpower said...

Wow you have beautiful eyes! Thanks for the comment and tip on my portrait of my daughter too. I think it will really help me to get the proportions right.

3/05/2007 7:10 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you!! And you're very welcome on the tip - I will be sure to visit to see how it's working for you =)

3/06/2007 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very delicate and beautiful, Laura.

3/07/2007 11:57 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you too France!! =)

3/08/2007 11:44 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

This is exceptionally beautiful! I love the color of the eye and you did a great job with the eyelashes and the eyebrow. Great work!

3/11/2007 1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home