Wednesday, March 07, 2007

EDM # 1, 12, 15, 17, 22 & 39 - Vignettes, Series 1




















I've decided that if I ever want to get through the list of past challenges and start on the new weekly ones that I would take on some of them as vignettes and group them together. I tend to be very detail-oriented and large sketches of one subject are too easy for me to get lost in and nitpick at so......

The challenge for me with these 2-1/2 " square vigettes is that each one has to be done in 15 minutes start to finish and also that they have to be real subjects set up in front of me - no working from memory or imagination allowed to help keep things in proper perspective, so to speak. Also I think keeping them small and working within a time limit forces me to work more accurately and make quick decisions.

I'm hoping that working in this manner at least for now, will satisfy my curious and detailed muse's eye and at the same time appease my goal-oriented left brain that is constantly tracking my progress and looking for results!

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger mrana said...

This is beautiful Laura, so delicately done too. Each sketch is lovely and what a good idea!

3/08/2007 12:14 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

3/08/2007 9:16 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you Ana and Lin! And yes Ana a good idea - born from frustration lol =)

3/08/2007 11:43 AM  
Blogger Susan Tuttle said...

What a great exercise! 15 minutes, wow!--you go girl--I can barely get my supplies out in that amount of time--lol!

I especially like the one of the toothbrush leaning against the cup.

Susan

3/08/2007 7:47 PM  
Blogger Jane LaFazio said...

I like these too. and on that brown paper, they look so important or clinical! And yea, you gotta look at subject you're drawing! nice work.

3/10/2007 7:33 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks too Susan and Jane! I appreciate you taking the time to view my work and leave such nice comments, means a lot to me =)

3/11/2007 1:43 PM  
Blogger E-J said...

Hello Laura - thank you for your visit to my blog!

I really like your vignettes - especially the shoe and the leaf. Yesterday I did a weeny little watercolour sketch of a leaf I picked up while out walking, and felt so happy to have made time to record this tiny detail of my day. :-)

The arrangement of sketches looks looks very pretty on that paper.

3/13/2007 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home