Saturday, March 10, 2007

Illustration Friday - Wired















"Wired Basket" 5x8, colored pencils on white strathmore paper

This piece for "Wired" was inspired by a photograph (except for the spool of yarn that I had in front of me!) that I seen a fews weeks ago on the blog of a wonderful artist, great girl and new online friend, Susan Tuttle at The Purple Studio

She was sharing her thrifty finds of a wired basket and some vintage items which I adored but all I could think of when I saw this pic was, "Wow! I wanna draw that!!"

Thanks so much for the inspiration Susan and I hope this makes up for my lack of entries at Artwords these past few weeks!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Lana said...

Cool colors!

3/10/2007 4:26 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

What a unique way to depict that wired basket! Lovely colors too.

3/10/2007 8:04 AM  
Blogger SILVER KNIGHT said...

reminds me of mom! nice work! ;)

3/10/2007 9:17 AM  
Blogger Designing Fairy said...

Laura, I love the colors of this piece. Reminds me of spring! It's soft and yummy.

3/10/2007 9:27 AM  
Blogger steve said...

What a beautiful, colorful piece and composition Laura. It's great when we can inspire eachother--amazing, this blog stuff, huh? I can't believe how small this work is too. there's something to be said for nonmonumental art.

3/10/2007 1:40 PM  
Blogger ° said...

nicely done

3/10/2007 2:04 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

Really a beautiful vision this piece! The colours and patterns delight my eyes!!! Love this Laura!

3/10/2007 6:52 PM  
Blogger JO said...

Lovely drawing, love all the detail.

3/10/2007 8:46 PM  
Blogger BZ said...

Hi, Laura! This is a wonderful illustration. I love all the colors and patterns. Great idea, too! It's a joy to come to your journal and see all your beautiful art :)

3/11/2007 3:02 AM  
Blogger Brine Blank said...

Nice colors and ability to keep your lines clean with the lights...also good call on the fundamental skills needed in an art field...the more you can do means the more you can do...

3/11/2007 5:05 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Rietz said...

Oh, such beautiful colors and subject matter! Reminds me of my grandma's attic. Her birthday was in the spring, so this makes me miss her! Such a pretty composition!

-kate

3/11/2007 6:12 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Your support as always is wonderful and much appreciated =)

3/13/2007 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home