Thursday, April 19, 2007

EDM #3 - Purse




















micron pen, watercolors, 5x8.5 journal

A few months ago when I joined the EDM group and read the list of challenges I knew that this was the purse that I would do for it when I felt I could do it some justice! So much color s0 a simple pencil sketch would not have done it for me =) I recently started doing watercolor & pen work so decided to give it a go.

It's a very special gift from my globe-trotting brother who sends me gifts and post cards from all over the world. I've always loved the mystery and history of ancient Egypt and would love to get there some day to see everything in person.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

That's such a cute purse! I really like your sketch of it, the colors are very nice.

4/19/2007 11:22 AM  
Blogger K said...

I love this painting, Laura, it captures so well the Egyptian-ness of the purse, and so nicely, softly colored. Great drawing, and beautiful painting.

4/19/2007 7:41 PM  
Blogger Susan Tuttle said...

A truly beautiful sketch and gift!!! Wonderful, vibrant colors!!!

Your brother is such a sweetie for getting you something with so much thought behind it.

Hope you are well!!

Susan
xo

4/19/2007 7:57 PM  
Blogger laserone_ said...

Really nice!!

4/19/2007 10:19 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Wow, now that's a purse! What a great conversation starter. Wonderful work.

4/19/2007 11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful job with this purse and I especially noticed how well done the strap is. Nice color work!

4/20/2007 6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very nice drawing of a charming purse!

4/20/2007 8:48 AM  
Blogger Janice Ykema said...

very nice piece!

4/20/2007 9:05 AM  
Blogger Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

WOW very nice...its so good i thought it was a photograph!!!

4/20/2007 3:29 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

thanks much everyone, appreciate your time and comments. will try to visit all of your blogs real soon =)

4/22/2007 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home