Monday, April 30, 2007

Illustration Fri. - "Remember" / Art & Soul Bound












5x5, hand*book journal, pitt pen, watercolors

I thought this illustration was very fitting for this week's IF topic as I get ready to leave for Art & Soul and trying to remember everything I need!

And I have to tell you, I'll need a vacation after all this packing and getting my house in order before I go - whew! I honestly think that at this point it would have been easier to just move there, then I'd only have to unpack ONCE!

Anyhow, I wanted a smallish sketchbook for this trip and love the format of this one at 5" square. Here's a peek at some things I'm taking - as I piled these last few items onto the trunk, the light and angle caught my eye, if only everything was going to stay this organized =)

I head out tomorrow (Tuesday) and hope to post pics when I get there, so stop by if you get the chance. Take care all and see you in about a week or so!!

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger mrana said...

Wonderful sketch Laura! Hope you have a great time, and look forward to seeing the pics.

4/30/2007 3:15 AM  
Blogger Richard Franklin said...

Nice rendering Laura. I just got a new W&N sketchers' pocket box too; great for outdoors. Have fun on your trip.

4/30/2007 2:42 PM  
Blogger Kerstin Klein said...

great sketch. love it.

4/30/2007 3:01 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

love this and have a wonderful time!!!

4/30/2007 10:28 PM  
Blogger K said...

Wow, Laura, what a super watercolor! I love all the detail, and the purple trunk is just beautiful! Have a great time, learn alot, and have loads of fun!
love, Kathleen

5/02/2007 4:15 AM  
Blogger arvindh said...

love the details!

5/03/2007 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home